Our tap rooms are open again!
We are very excited to welcome you back for a good glass of beer. Both tap room the Windmill and tap room ‘t Blauwe Theehuis have been renovated: we cleaned, scrubbed, polished and painted!
The tanks are adjoined and we are ready to present you Blondie, Juicy IPA and IJ van de Duvel. Or of course, you can order IJwit, Biri or Columbus. Natte or Zatte, whatever you prefer. We can’t wait to see you again!
Tap room ’t Blauwe Theehuis
For tap room ’t Blauwe Theehuis it is possible to book your spot on the upper terrace in advance. On the ground floor terrace, there is room for walk-ins, please see the host at the entrance and wait to be seated.
Reservations for the upper terrace can only be made through the reservation tool on this page .
If you have any questions regarding booking at taproom ’t Blauwe Theehuis please send an email. Different guidelines apply for tap room Blauwe Theehuis and for tap room the Windmill. Please prepare and inform yourself before visiting our tap rooms. Via the link above you will find more information about the guidelines and measurements taken in tap room ’t Blauwe Theehuis.
Tap room the Windmill
It is not possible to make a reservation in advance for tap room The Windmill. For a spot inside or outside, our host will take your reservation at the door, will assign you a spot and keep an eye on the crowds, to make sure we can keep the 1,5m distance everywhere. He or she will ask you some questions to check on your health before seating you.
Inside we have very limited seating, we have more spots outside. Please bring a sweater so you can stay a little longer!
PLEASE NOTE: at the moment there are only spots for 2 people. Unfortunately there is no seating for parties of 3 or 4 from different households. Currently, we cannot welcome parties of more than 4 guests.
We are, of course, bound by government rules.
If everyone adheres to the rules, hopefully we can welcome more guests soon.
So please use your common sense and visit us for a glass of beer with 1 buddy or with your household. Before you visit the tap room, please take the time to read the rules below once more.
- Please see our host, before you take a seat.
- Disinfect your hands before you take a seat.
- Please keep 1,5m distance from other guests and staff members.
- A maximum of 2 people or a household is allowed within 1,5m distance.
- Please only use the seats on our terrace, it is not allowed to stand.
- Stay at home when you experience symptoms of a cold or flu.
- If we suspect you having symptoms of a cold or flu, you can be denied access to the taproom and terrace.
- Please follow the instructions of your staff members and follow the signage and markings.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after using the restroom.
- We only accept payment by PIN or credit card. Cash is not accepted.
- If you don’t follow the 1,5m distance rules, you can be denied access to the taproom. We can hold you liable for any damage that we suffer from your actions regarding the rules.
Of course there are some other things that will be a bit different than usual at the windmill tap room.
In order to minimize transactions and queues, our merchandise is not yet available. For the time being, get your IJ sweater or T-shirt in our web shop.
Also, no tours will be given yet, because sufficient distance is not possible here. Unfortunately, the tasting board of different beers is also not available.